Monday, February 27, 2017

  • EDUC 6162 Final Blog

Three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field for your professional and personal development: 


1. I have learned that we experience some of the same issues and trends with other international early childhood professionals. I have learned from my two contacts that they also experience a lack of support, lack of high-quality programs, lack of access to programs, and the issue that many children from poor families are not being cared for in high quality programs due to lack of programs, high fees, or because relatives care for the children while the parents work. 


2. I have learned that there are other professionals that have a love and passion for children and for the ece field. I met two wonderful and passionate educators that take pride in what they do. I learned that both Erissa and Marlene enjoy working with young children and their families and that they to want to see children grow up happy and healthy. They do what ever they can to provide positive and memorable experiences that children need and deserve. 



3. The third thing that I learned through my international contacts is that there are other professionals that are advocating for children and for change. Some policy makers and educators are working hard to help make the ec filed an important part of every child's life.


  • My goal for the field related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations is for our field to one day get the recognition that it deserves so we can work towards solving the issues and trends that greatly affect young children, their families, and our fellow educators all around the world.  

Learning from other educators in other parts of the world and the wonderful work that they are doing in the ec field gives me hope and it helps to remind me why I chose to work with children and motivates me to continue providing excellent work with those whom I work with. 

    7 comments:

    1. Reyna, learning about professionals in other countries did help me to see exactly the issues that are hindering our children, we definitely need to STEP UP AS PROFESSIONALS.
      I totally enjoyed reading your blog throughout this course, it was very encouraging and educational. Thank you for your hard work and all the information you provided. Good luck!
      Bea

      ReplyDelete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you Bea. I have learned so much from all of you and from my contacts. It is nice to hear from others and learn from them. Being in contact with other professionals motivates us to continue working hard and it is nice to hear from others that know what we go through. Good luck to you too.

      Reyna

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Reyna,

      I enjoyed read your final blog, I read that another issue taking on importance in 2015 was the matter of digital equity. Multiple studies increasingly point to the fact that individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds do not have equal access to high-speed internet, digital tools, or opportunities to learn how to use digital resources. As a result, they are less able to compete for 21st-century careers, participate fully in civic engagement, or even advance their own personal learning and interests.
      The digital equity issue is a very real one for teens. Those who live in high-poverty areas attend schools that have older or fewer digital tools available, and many students do not have any computer access at home. In 2015, libraries explored ways to address this issue by seeking out community partners to help ensure that all teens have access to tools and using trained experts to help teens build the digital literacy skills they need to succeed in school and prepare for college, careers, and life.
      Early childhood development support in the library.

      http://www.ala.org/news/state-americas-libraries-report-2016/issues-and-trends

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you Reyna for great conversations and sharing via your blog.
      I agree that connecting with others outside of the U.S. has been beneficial to our learning. We make the connection that we may not otherwise see. Great work!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Reyna,
      I totally agree that we have learned that other international contacts do share similar issues as we have but also different issues as well. The issues of poverty and the lack of necessities are the things that really upset me. Being an advocate for children and families will allow any educator to share experiences and ideas to help those who are in need around the world. I have enjoyed sharing ideas and reading your blogs and other posts. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Thank You,
      Misty Rolland

      ReplyDelete
    7. Number one resonates for me, I really enjoyed to read how issues are the same as we have here. I think we tend to only look with inside our community and state, and can be oblivious to what is going on other places, especially internationally. It is great to see how much you have learned and it's motivating you to work toward bettering the early childhood field for all.

      ReplyDelete